DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER
From: Commander, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division, Philadelphia, PA 19112-5083
To: Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command (PMS490 - LCDR Lovejoy)
Subj: MCM 1 CLASS AND MHC 51 CLASS; HEAVYWEIGHT HIGH IMPACT SHOCK TEST OF THE ALGAE-X INTERNATIONAL, INC. FUEL CONDITIONER
Ref: (a) FDGM, Inc. letter Ser 150_ 116_ 00_00i-Ol, dtd 15 Mar 01, w/ Attachment: Dynamic Testing Report No. 405, -High Impact Heavyweight Shock Test Report for the MHC Isotta Fraschini Diesel Engine High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) Fuel Injection System, Including Hoffman Enclosure with Heinzmann Electronic Control Unit (ECU), and Filtrex Lube Oil Filter, Separ Fuel/Water Separator, and Algae-X Fuel Conditioner-, dtd March 01
(b) MIL-S-901D; Shock Tests, H.I. (High Impact), Shipboard Machinery, Equipment and Systems, Requirements for; dtd 17 Mar 89
(c) Data Item Description DI-ENVR- 80708; Shock Test Report; dtd 21 Nov 88
Encl: (1) Grade A, Class I Shock Test Acceptance Information for the Algae-X International, Inc. Fuel Conditioner
1. Reference (a) was forwarded to Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division (NSWCCD) Code 623 for review and evaluation. Reference (a) is a MIL- S-901D Heavyweight, Grade A, Class I,
Type A, Hull Mounted shock test report which included the following:
a. Equipment: Fuel , Conditioner
Manufacturer: Algae-X International, Inc.
Mfr Model No: Model Fe-3050
Mounting Plane: Base
Mounting Orientation: Unrestricted
2. NSWCCD has reviewed reference (a) in accordance with references (b) and (c). For the MeM 1 Class and the MHC 51 Class, shock qualification is granted as follows:
a. Grade A, Class I, Type A, Hull Mounted shock qualification, as reflected in Enclosure (1), is approved for the Algae-X International, Inc. Fuel Conditioner.
subj: MOl 1 CLASS AND MHC 51 CLASS; HEAVYWEIGHT HIGH IMPACT SHOCK TEST OF THE ALGAE-X INTERNATIONAL, INC. FUEL CONDITIONER
3. NSWCCD Code 623 technical point of contact is J. Mayhew, DSN 443-7775, or Commercial (215) 897-7775.
Acting Hd, Survivability,
Structures and Nondestructive
Shock Test Acceptance Information
The item Identified below has met the requirements of MIL-S-901. based upon:
Shock testing of the item identified below.
Previous shock testing of an item similar to the item identified below.
Previous shock testing of an item identical to the item identified below.
2a. Nomenclature: Fuel Conditioner
2b. Description: Fuel Conditioner
3. Manufacturer: Algae-X International, Inc. MPN: N/A
4. Model Number: FC-3050
5. Size / Capacity N/A
6. Drawing Number N/A Revision and Date: N/A
7. Military Specification: MIL-S-901D
8. Ship: MCM 1 Class, MHC 51 Class
9. Service: Fuel Conditioning
10. Contract Number: N/A
11. Shock Test Facility: Dynamic Testing, Inc. Report Number: 405 Date: 03/01/2001
12. Previous Approval Reference: N/A
13. Test Category: Heavy Weight
14. Equipment Class: I
15. Shock Test Type: A
16. Shock Grade: A
17. Mounting Location: Hull
18. Shipboard mounting plane represented during shock test: Base
19. Mounting Orientation of item relative to ship's fore and aft axi (for medium weight and heavyweight test items only): Unrestricted
20. Remarks / Approval Limitations: N/A